Monday, August 24, 2009

Back in Baroda

Hello My Friends!

I'm back in Baroda. Not too happy about it to be honest. I miss the tranquility of Goa. Even the cows look a lot friendlier over there.

Oh, so I tried pork indaloo in Goa. We were at this pork restaurant so I tought it would be really good. WRONG! The original pork vindaloo is disgusting. Just pork in black sauce with tons of vinegar and chilli. Aunty Gertrude could really make good money over here. Her Vindaloo is definitely the best thing in the world (After reeses peanut butter cups & trifle). HMPH! So much for traditional Goan food.

Its funny how the best restaurant we tried in Goa was run by this british couple. They made a damn good English breakfast (That we usually ate for lunch). Nothing gives you energy like bacon, sausages, eggs, baked beans, mushrooms, tomatoes & toast all on one plate.

Anyway, just got off a 22 hour train ride from Goa. haha Im so used to long journeys these days. 22 hours seems like nothing. I finished reading The White Tiger by Aravind Adiga (I think thats how you spell his name). I was so happy that ming & kiat made me go to the Delhi zoo (I was cursing at the time). Its so fun to read a book that is set in a location that you've been too. I remember Swami (Aunty Mary's driver) driving us around the city looking at all the sights that Balram (The main character in the book) saw himself. funny.

Ok, thats about all the time I have now. I need rest. lots of it. bai.

val
PS- i think I walk too fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment